Dentist | General Practice599 Route 37 W Suite One Toms River NJ, 08755
Dr. Richard Tompkins is a Dentist practicing in Toms River, NJ. Dr. Tompkins specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Richard Tompkins's Practice location
Toms River, NJ 08755Get Direction
Richard Tompkins's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tompkins
- Denture Creams Can Cause Nerve Damage
A number of recent reports show that overuse of denture creams and other products leads to nerve damage. The major reason behind this damage is zinc poisoning from the products. Zinc is an important mineral required by the body, but the amount of zinc is usually balanced with that of copper. People...
- Gum Disease is Common in Pot Smokers
A new study published in, The Journal of American Medical Association, reports that pot use is associated with gum disease. This disease, considered to be a disease due to aging, was very common among people who smoke marijuana. The result remained the same even after accounting for all other...
- Gummy Bears That Contain Xylitol Can Reduce Cavities
A new study has shown that gummy bears made of xylitol, a sugar substitute, can prevent cavities in children. In this study, 154 students from first to fifth grade of an elementary school in Washington were recruited. The students were given four gummy bears made with xylitol or malitol three times...
- Healthy Teeth for a Healthy Life
Studies have shown that infection and inflammation of the oral cavity correlates with other medical conditions, like a heart attack or dementia, and can cause serious health concerns over a period of time. Although the causes and effects between oral health and health conditions are not yet...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Dr. Hanna Esther Bresler DMD668 Westwood Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 7740
- Dr. David Plaut DMD321 2nd St Lakewood NJ 08701
- Dr. Mona Patel DMD346 South Ave Fanwood New Jersey 07023
- Dr. Vivek Nijhawan D.MD520 Clifton Ave Clifton NJ 07011
- Dr. Warren Ravner D.M.D.4507 US Highway 9 Howell NJ 07731
- Dr. Philip Pascucci D.D.S.1616 Route 72 W Manahawkin NJ 08050