Dr. Richard Mark Ray MD
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT) | Pediatric Otolaryngology2100 W Clinch Ave Suite 410 Knoxville TN, 37916
Dr. Richard Ray practices Pediatric Otolaryngology in Knoxville, TN. Pediatric otolaryngologists are primarily concerned with medical and surgical treatment of ear, nose, and throat diseases in children. Services that Dr. Ray provides include the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, and throat disorders, and head and neck diseases; surgery of the head and neck, including before and after-surgery care; consultation with other doctors when ear, nose, or throat diseases are detected; and assistance in the identification of communication disorders in children.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1997
- The otolaryngologist's role in management of hearing loss in infancy and childhood.
- Neonatal middle ear effusion predicts chronic otitis media with effusion.
- Methamphetamine exposure presenting as caustic ingestions in children.
- Unilateral cleft lip repair by rotation/advancement: potential errors and how to avoid them.
- Vocal cord dysfunction and feeding difficulties after pediatric cardiovascular surgery.
- A neonate with microphthalmia and median clefting of the lower lip and mandible.
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Cleft Palate
- Univ Ca Davis Health System, Otolaryngology; Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University California
- UC Irvine Medical Center
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
Dr. Richard Mark Ray MD's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37916Get Direction
Dr. Richard Mark Ray MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ray
- Recovery for a Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, and Septoplasty
Tonsillectomy RecoveryTonsils located in the back of your throat help to fight infections but sometimes tonsils themselves get infected. Tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure used to remove tonsils. If you intend to have a tonsillectomy, it is likely that you desire to know the duration that you...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Laryngitis?
Laryngitis is the inflammation of voice cords in the voice box, in other words, it is the inflammation of the larynx. A larynx is an organ that resembles a tube and is located in the trachea (windpipe). The Adam’s apple is the protrusion of the larynx in the throat.Laryngitis is the swelling of...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- What Medications Treat Sinusitis?
Normally, sinusitis symptoms improve on their own over a period of seven to ten days, since your immune system can fight the infection without need for treatment.However, when the symptoms do not improve or if they become severe, medication may be required. Using medications for sinusitis are for...
- Ear Infection Medication: What Are You Being Prescribed?
Several drugs are prescribed to you when you get an ear infection. Some drugs will be to get rid of the causative microorganism, whereas the other drugs are for symptomatic relief. This article will explain about the drugs that will be prescribed to you during an ear infection.AntibioticsMany of the...