Dr. Ambrose Updegraff is an ophthalmologist practicing in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Updegraff specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Updegraff can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Updegraff can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1955
Roy J Lucille A Carver College of Medicine At University of Iowa,Iowa City, Ia, United States 1955
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1955
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Ophthalmology; Mc Kay Dee Hosp Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Ia 1956
Dr. Ambrose Updegraff MD's Practice location
Dr. Ambrose Updegraff MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- Dr. Michael Tolentino MD2815 Lakeland Hills Blvd. Lakeland Florida 33805
- Dr. Karina B Findlay MD4344 Central Ave Saint Petersburg FL 33711
- Dr. Neel Desai M.D.148 13th Street Southwest Largo Florida 33770
- Dr. Seth H Oppenheim MD1301 2ND AVE SW LARGO FL 33770
- Dr. William P Mack M.D.3109 W. Azeele Street Tampa FL 33609
- Dr. Michael J Levitt MD3115 W Swann Ave Tampa FL 33609