Dr. Thomas Houston is an internist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Houston specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Houston provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- The potential of consumer health informatics.
- Screening the public for depression through the Internet.
- Consumer health informatics: a consensus description and commentary from American Medical Informatics Association members.
- Unmet needs of primary care patients in using the Internet for health-related activities.
- Patient perceptions of physician use of handheld computers.
- Visit satisfaction and tailored health behavior communications in primary care.
- Bridging the digital divide: reaching vulnerable populations.
- Impact of patient feedback on residents' handheld computer use: a multi-site study.
- Patient smoking cessation advice by health care providers: the role of ethnicity,
- Differences in preventive health quality by residency year. Is seniority better?
- Measuring resident physicians' performance of preventive care. Comparing chart review with patient survey.
- CPOE in the United States.
- Data quality in the outpatient setting: impact on clinical decision support systems.
- Instruments for evaluating education in evidence-based practice: a systematic review.
- Timely administration of prophylactic antibiotics for major surgical procedures.
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Thomas K Houston MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Thomas K Houston MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Houston
- What Is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate is an essential mineral and a type of iron used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). When a person lacks iron, symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and decreased physical performance may be experienced. Low levels of iron in the body can be treated by...
- What Are the Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary tract infection, or UTI, is the infection of any part of the urinary tract, including kidneys, urinary bladder, urethra, and ureters (tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder). The most common among them is the infection of bladder, which when treated immediately, can prevent infection of...
- What is IP 204 Pill : Side Effects and Usage
IntroductionThe IP 204 pill is white in color and oval or elliptical in shape with an imprint of "IP 204". It has been identified as acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg of oxycodone. This pill is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The size...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Mrs. Amy Lee Illescas M.D.2800 Greystone Commercial Blvd Birmingham AL 35242
- Marina Brainin Other2321 John Hawkins pkwy Hoover Alabama 35244
- Dr. Jerry Hankins MD12 Cropwell Dr Pell City AL 35128
- Dr. Frank Denton Miller M.D.5346 Stadium Trace Parkway Birmingham AL 35244
- Dr. Ladonna P Richardson MD513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. James Gregory Sullivan MD1160 Huffman Road Birmingham AL 35215