Dr. Richard Hedlund is a psychiatrist practicing in Salem, OR. Dr. Hedlund is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Hedlund diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Hedlund may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Hedlund treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1987
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 2006
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Children'S Natl Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- Children's National Medical Center Program
Mr. Richard Peter Hedlund MD's Practice location
Salem, OR 97305Get Direction
Mr. Richard Peter Hedlund MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Everything You Need To Know About Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you feel extremely fearful of places and situations that are uncomfortable and dangerous according to you. These are the places that make you feel trapped and assume that the escape might be difficult in the case of a panic attack, such as an elevator, a...
- Mr. Joel M Suckow M.D.1245 Edgewater St NW Salem OR 97304
- Dr. Julia Anne Weinstein M.D.309 Ne 3rd St Mcminnville OR 97128
- Dr. Ulista Jean Brooks MD2600 Center St Ne Salem OR 97301
- Dr. Daryl Spencer Ruthven M.D.2575 Center St Ne Salem OR 97310
- Dr. Roselee Gilbert Cain M.D.875 Oak St Se Salem OR 97301
- Dr. Jeffrey David Lenox M.D.875 Oak St Se Salem OR 97301