Dr. Akila Rajappa is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHERRY HILL, NJ. Dr. Rajappa specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Rajappa evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Rajappa helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Akila Theyyar Rajappa SLP's Practice location
CHERRY HILL, NJ 08003Get Direction
Akila Theyyar Rajappa SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Ms. Sari Lynn Mintz CCC-SLP1030 KINGS HWY N CHERRY HILL NJ 08034
- Robin S Kushner M.A., CCC-SLP920 ROBIN LN HUNTINGDON VALLEY PA 19006
- Mrs. Charis Suzanne Poppe SLP3975 CONSHOHOCKEN AVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19131
- Mrs. Elizabeth A. Krchnavek M.S., CCC-SLP2150 ROUTE 38 CHERRY HILL NJ 08002
- Mrs. Ilana Penna MSCCCSLP7 CARNEGIE PLZ CHERRY HILL NJ 08003
- Sarah Pendergast215 UPLAND RD MERION STATION PA 19066