Dr. Rebecca Shadowen is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Bowling Green, KY. Dr. Shadowen specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1984
Infectious Disease (Internal Medicine)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Resident of the Year1987UMKC Affiliated Hospitals
- Women of Achievement For Sience and Health2001Bowling Green Human Rights Commission
- Fellow, Society of Healthcare Epidemiologist of America (FSHEA)2000Society of Healthcare Epidemiologists of America
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society of Healthcare Epidemiologists of America
- American College of Physicians
- Warren County Medical Society
- Univ Mo Kc Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine Truman Med Ctr-West, Internal Medicine
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green ( Bowling Green, KY )
- Commonwealth Regional Specialty Hospital ( Bowling Green, KY )
- Monroe County Medical Center ( Tompkinsville, KY )
- The Medical Center at Scottsville ( Scottsville, KY )
- The Medical Center at Franklin ( Franklin, KY )
Dr. Rebecca Dawn Shadowen M.D.'s Practice location
BOWLING GREEN, KY 42101Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rebecca Dawn Shadowen M.D. | Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rebecca Dawn Shadowen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shadowen
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- All About Early Disseminated Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease and what causes it?Lyme disease is a bacterial infection commonly seen in North America and Europe. It is caused by a bacterium known as Borrelia burgdorferi. The bacteria is transmitted to humans through a tiny black-legged deer tick, which feeds on human blood....
- What Causes Cholera?
Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease that causes thousands of deaths each year and inflicts tremendous pain in areas where it has been reported. This infection is a great menace that has been disturbing humankind. However, it does not mean that cholera is everywhere or that it cannot be treated...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- HIV: Will My Child Get It If I’m Pregnant?
The initials 'HIV' stand for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. As the name suggest, it is a viral attack that completely weakens the defense systems of a human being leaving them open to invasion from bacteria and other disease causing micro-organisms.Once infected, the virus finds its way into the...