Dr. Barry A Hicks MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX, 75390
Dr. Barry Hicks practices Pediatric Surgery in Dallas, TX. Dr. Hicks treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Hicksdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1984
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Presbytern Hsp Ny/Babies H, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Barry A Hicks MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
DALLAS, TX 75235Get Direction
Dr. Barry A Hicks MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hicks
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- Dr. Adam Craig Alder MD5201 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Faisal G Qureshi MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Stephen Mark Megison MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Julie R Fuchs M.D.5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. William Dammert M.D.7000 W Plano Pkwy Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Kevin M. Kadesky M.D.7000 W Plano Pkwy Plano TX 75093