Dr. Tracy Ray is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Birmingham, AL. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Ray is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1993
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Sports Medicine
- Current issues in sports nutrition in athletes.
- Youth baseball injuries: recognition, treatment, and prevention.
- Prevention of overuse injuries in young baseball pitchers.
- Medical management of youth baseball and softball tournaments.
- Using viscosupplementation to treat knee osteoarthritis.
- Elbow Injuries in the Young Throwing Athlete.
- Dch Reg Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Tracy R Ray MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35205Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27710Get Direction
Dr. Tracy R Ray MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever?
This bacterial disease was first identified in the Rocky Mountains, but is also found in the south eastern part of United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and South America. The potentially fatal disease is spread by the bites of wood ticks or dog ticks. Spring and summer seasons see a...
- The Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common complaint that we hear every day. People may complain of a sudden pain either in one knee or both knees, and most of the time, it is due to either overusing the knee joint or due to an injury. In many cases, you really don’t have to consult a doctor as the pain will...
- What Causes Heat Exhaustion?
Heat exhaustion is a condition that results from dehydration due to exposure to very high temperatures. Heat exhaustion is categorized into two types based on the underlying changes in the body – exhaustion due to depletion of water and exhaustion due to depletion of salt. When the condition...
- Do I Have Gas or Appendicitis?
The human body has mesmerized doctors for centuries because of its complex and often mysterious workings. For example, every vein connected to an artery is part of a massive blood supply cycle where millions of different cells function using nutrients from food particles absorbed by the digestive...
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...
- Dr. Scott Victor Appell M.D.513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Padraic Rory Obma M.D.124 Siegler Street Green Bay WI 54303
- Dr. James A Flanagan M.D.805 Saint Vincents Dr Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Kenneth Wayne Bramlett M.D.200 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham AL 35216
- Dr. Darin D Tessier MD200 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham AL 35216
- Dr. Jason William Piefer MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249