Dr. Thomas Heggen is a general surgeon practicing in Shorewood, IL. Dr. Heggen specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Heggen provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1983
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Spectrum Hlth-Blodgett Campus, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Thomas A Heggen MD's Practice location
BUFFALO GROVE, IL 60089Get Direction
Dr. Thomas A Heggen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Jason Christopher Goliath MD396 Remington Blvd Bolingbrook IL 60440
- Mr. Jose G Trevino MD1200 W South St Plano IL 60545
- Dr. Nancy E Whereatt MD1221 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506
- Dr. Erik A Swenson MD10745 165th St Orland Park IL 60467
- Dr. William Yaw-ntaaku Asihene M.D, PH.D10 Medical Park Dr Lexington NC 27292
- Dr. Andrea Silver M.D.1221 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506