Dr. Richard Bernstein is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Huntington Station, NY. Dr. Bernstein specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Bernstein can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Bernstein can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Universidad AutÛnoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina 1975
- Maimonides Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Hackensack Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Richard Jay Bernstein M.D.'s Practice location
Huntington Station, NY 11746Get Direction
Dr. Richard Jay Bernstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- When Could Vaginal Discharge Be a Sign of Something Else?
Vaginal discharge is a normal and physiological function of the body to help keep the vagina healthy. It can also have certain odors, textures, and colors, which help in the identification of infections and other physiological changes in the female body. What is a normal vaginal discharge?Vaginal...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Cholesterol Drugs Could Treat Ovarian Cancer, New Research Suggests
What are statins?Statins are medications that are commonly used to treat low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the blood. LDL cholesterol is commonly known as “bad cholesterol” and statins help to reduce its production inside the liver. More than 30% of Americans have high levels of LDL...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Relaxation Techniques to Alleviate Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a disorder that interrupts sleep patterns and affects about 27 per cent of pregnant women. However, the symptoms will go away after delivering the child. Different medications can help alleviate the symptoms of restless legs syndrome. In addition, you can incorporate...
- What are the Different Types of Breast Cancer?
Appropriate treatment options for breast cancer differ depending on what type of cancer the individual has. A biopsy of the tissue samples from the breast helps to identify the type of breast cancer. Most breast cancers bloom in the ducts that connect lobules to the nipple in the breast. It is rare...
- Dr. Juanita Mestre-Dudley M.D.200 Garden City Plaza Garden City New York 11530
- James R. Stelling2500 Nesconset Hwy Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Daniel Faustin M.D.374 stockholm street BROOKLYN NY 11217
- Dr. Bernardita T. Lazo M.D.2330 Union Blvd. Islip New York 11751
- Polina R. Kagan556 Merrick Road Rockville Centre New York 11570
- Dr. Genia Bekker M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554