Dr. Douglas Mitchell MD
Pediatrician2117 Mccomas Way Suite 103 Virginia Beach VA, 23456
Dr. Douglas Mitchell is a pediatrician practicing in Virginia Beach, VA. Dr. Mitchell is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Mitchell diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Mitchell can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1984
University of Mi Med Sch 1984
University of Michigan Medical School 1984
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Ear Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Wright State Univ Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- Usaf Mc Wright Patterson Afb
Dr. Douglas Mitchell MD's Practice location
Virginia Beach, VA 23456Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Mitchell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mitchell
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Is It a Mistake to Give Melatonin to Children with Autism?
Dr. David Clark, the Director of the Center for Autism Recovery in Dallas, TX believes that it is a mistake to give melatonin to children with autism.Melatonin has received recent attention for helping people get to sleep easier. It is made by a gland in the brain that seems to elicit sleep hormones...
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- Understanding Social Communication Disorder Could Benefit Autism Diagnosis
The definition of autism is ever redefined. As doctors, researchers, and parents learn more and more about this neurodevelopmental disorder, it’s essential to reevaluate past knowledge and ideas. This is especially important with autism as it is not a simple on-off disease, but rather, encompasses...
- Thedia Jones Smith733 Volvo Parkway Chesapeake Virginia 23320
- Dr. John W Harrington MD601 Childrens Lane Norfolk VA 23507
- Vernita Newby Peeples M.D.656 Independence Parkway Chesapeake VA 23320
- Mrs. Saileela Venkatesan MD1020 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach VA 23455
- Dr. Michelle T Curry M.D.733 Volvo Parkway Chesapeake VA 23320
- Dr. Hugh Thomas Mcphee MD6345 Center Dr Norfolk VA 23502