Dr. Martha Kochno is an optometrist practicing in Joliet, IL. Dr. Kochno specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Kochno performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Dr. Martha T Kochno O.D.'s Practice location
Joliet, IL 60435Get Direction
Dr. Martha T Kochno O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Dr. Patricia Ann Hart OD15410 S Harlem Ave Orland Park IL 60462
- Dr. Kristopher Mark Owens O.D.Rosin Eye Care 3124 South Route 59 Naperville IL 60564
- Dr. Dawn M Tuminello OD11319 W 143rd Street Orland Park IL 60467
- Dr. Brian Paul Berry O.D.243 W. Boughton Road Bolingbrook IL 60440
- Dr. Jerome Charles Lietz OD1701 N. Larkin Crest Hill IL 60403
- Dr. Valarie Roache O.D.136 N Cass Ave Westmont IL 60559