Dr. David M. Kastenberg M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology132 S 10th St 480 Main Building Philadelphia PA, 19107
Dr. David Kastenberg is a gastroenterologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Kastenberg specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Kastenberg performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1987
New York University School of Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Safety of sodium phosphate tablets in patients receiving propofol-based sedation for colonoscopy.
- Adenocarcinoma of the prostate presenting as an obstructing rectal mass.
- Pulmonary capillaritis: a rare extra-intestinal manifestation of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Adenoma detection in excellent versus good bowel preparation for colonoscopy.
- A Novel PEG 3350 Formulation.
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Gastroenterology; Temple Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Temple University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Program
Dr. David M. Kastenberg M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. David M. Kastenberg M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kastenberg
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis Haven’t Stopped This Teen Athlete
For Hutchinson, Minnesota teen Kendall Markovic, it was more than just another soccer game: The community and her teammates had rallied up support for this senior team co-captain.In most ways, Kendall is just a normal teenager with a yearn and capacity for sports. In addition to soccer, Kendall also...
- Is There Such a Thing as a Gluten "Cheat Day"?
In a recent article published in Health Central, the author tells her story about intentionally eating gluten. She was diagnosed with celiac disease over 20 years ago and began a gluten-free diet as an eighth-grader. She accidentally ate gluten a few times and the symptoms were overwhelming. Bloated...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Ulcerative Colitis Flare-Ups
Ulcerative colitis is one of those medical conditions a person must learn to live with for the rest of their life. It has no cure, and ignoring the symptoms can be potentially deadly. After the initial bout with ulcerative colitis, and with proper treatment, the individual is said to be in remission...
- Dr. Matthew R. Astroff M.D.325 Central Avenue Malvern Pennsylvania 19355
- Dr. Steven M. Greenfield M.D.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Richard A. Gambescia MD1811 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19148
- Dr. Daniel J. Sher M.D.700 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19111
- Dr. Jeffrey Joseph Kutscher MD693 Main St Lumberton NJ 08048
- Dr. Jack Goldstein M.D.218c Sunset Rd Willingboro NJ 08046