Dr. Maria Rivera is a psychologist practicing in GUAYNABO, PR. Dr. Rivera specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Rivera evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Rivera because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Maria Del mar Rivera PSY.D's Practice location
GUAYNABO, PR 00968Get Direction
Maria Del mar Rivera PSY.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- What is Trichotillomania?
Trichotillomania, or hair pulling disorder, is a mental disorder in which people have a strong desire and urge to pull out hair from different parts of their body, including the scalp and eyebrows. In this type of disorder — also considered an impulse control disorder — one finds it hard to...
- How to Help Children with Separation Anxiety
IntroductionIt is quite natural for young children to become anxious when their parents say goodbye to them. Even though this stage can be difficult to deal with, know that separation anxiety is a part of normal child development. Separation anxiety can be relieved by knowing some effective...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- How Mismatched Sex Drives Can Impact Your Relationship
The importance of sex often differs in each individual and each relationship. To some, it is a crucial part of any romantic endeavor. For others, it is not necessary and is more of a nuisance. But what happens when the importance of sex differs between marriage partners?How Important is Sex?Many...
- What Is Intrinsic Motivation?
Intrinsic motivation is a type of behavior, which is driven or fueled by internal rewards. It involves engaging in a behavior, in which a person finds it as personally rewarding. Essentially, a person performs an activity not to receive external rewards, but for his or her own...
- Rhina M. Lovo258 Calle Convento San Juan PR 00912
- Dr. Lydia Vanessa PerezAVENIDA HOSTOS NUMERO 355 SAN JUAN PR 00918
- Mrs. Emma Katiria Francisco M.A.URBANIZACION OREALLY #9 CALLE 1 GURABO PR 00778
- Yesmarie Jimenez21185 CALLE VERSALLES # L-9 DORADO PR 00646
- Dr. Myralys Calaf PHD10 Casia Street San Juan PR 00921
- Ruth E Planadeball M.A66 CALLE GEORGETTI SAN JUAN PR 00925