Dr. Celia Chen is an ophthalmologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Chen specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chen can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Chen can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
- Orbital foreign body misdiagnosed as superior orbital rim fracture.
- Muir-Torre syndrome and early detection of internal malignancy.
- Discoid lupus erythematosus presenting as madarosis.
- Sarcoma and familial retinoblastoma.
- Morning glory syndrome and basal encephalocele.
- Topical prostaglandin F(2alpha) analog induced poliosis.
- Juvenile arthritis-associated uveitis: visual outcomes and prognosis.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the eyelid: differential diagnosis and management.
- Practical clinical approaches to functional visual loss.
- Congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium (CHRPE) in familial colorectal cancer.
- A novel deletion in the FTL gene causes hereditary hyperferritinemia cataract syndrome (HHCS) by alteration of the transcription start site.
- Management of acute central retinal artery occlusion.
- Isolated unilateral abducens cranial nerve palsy: a rare presentation of pituitary apoplexy.
- Optic neuritis--more than a loss of vision.
- Multiple sclerosis presenting with homonymous hemianopia.
Dr. Celia Shin-wen Chen MD, MPH's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
Dr. Celia Shin-wen Chen MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- What Affects Night Vision?
Problems with night vision is a very common problem. Most of the night vision problems, like halos, blurred vision, and night blindness, may be treated. Some of these may also be a sign of congenital medical condition, like retinitis pigmentosa. A number of other conditions, like exposure to the sun...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- Dr. Rohit R. Lakhanpal M.D.21 Crossroads Drive Owings Mills Maryland 21117
- Dr. Darab Hormozi M.D.8415 Bellona Ln Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Stanley S. Schocket M.D.21 Crossroads Dr Owings Mills Maryland 21117
- Dr. Vanessa Lima MD10700 Charter Drive Columbia MD 21044
- Dr. Ronald Alan Seff MD19 Fontana Ln Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Emily P. Macquaid M.D.1209 York Rd Lutherville Timonium MD 21093