Jean Olson is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Bethesda, MD. Olson specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Olson participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1982
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Preventive Medicine; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jean Lorraine Olson M.D.'s Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20892Get Direction
Dr. Jean Lorraine Olson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Dr. Michael Anthony Sauri M.D., M.P.H.&T.M.15005 Shady Grove Road Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Jeffrey Gambel MDPmr (3j), 6900 Georgia Ave, Nw Washington DC 20307
- Dr. Scott Ira Kahan MD1828 L Street, NW Washington DC 20036
- Dr. Ellen Rosemary Kessler M.D.10701 Parkridge Blvd Reston VA 20191
- Dr. Hope R Ferdowsian MD5100 Wisconsin Ave Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Amanda Derryck Castel MD, MPH403 Aspen St Nw Washington DC 20012