Dr. Corban Curtiss is a speech language pathologist practicing in ROANOKE, VA. Dr. Curtiss specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Curtiss evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Curtiss helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Corban Curtiss M.A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
ROANOKE, VA 24014Get Direction
Corban Curtiss M.A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Eva S Lowey SLP1421 3RD ST SW ROANOKE VA 24016
- Deborah D Kapsalakis SLP300 PELL AVE ROCKY MOUNT VA 24151
- Ms. Elizabeth A Griffin M.A., CCC-SLP2030 COLONIAL AVE SW ROANOKE VA 24015
- Vadim Dushkin1906 BELLEVIEW AVE SE ROANOKE VA 24014
- Ms. Kara J Morris M.S., CCC-SLP2727 ELECTRIC RD ROANOKE VA 24018
- Cheryl Eschenbach SLP1421 3RD ST SW ROANOKE VA 24016