Dr. Stephen Phillips is an ophthalmologist practicing in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dr. Phillips specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Phillips can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Phillips can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
- Blood pressure and clinical outcomes in the International Stroke Trial.
- Description and evaluation of an acute stroke unit.
- Limb activation effects in hemispatial neglect.
- Electrophysiological assessment of language function following stroke.
- Autologous transplantation of retinal pigment epithelium after mechanical
- Fatigue associated with stroke and other neurologic conditions: Implications for stroke rehabilitation.
- Stroke care delivery in institutions participating in the Registry of the Canadian Stroke Network.
- IV tissue plasminogen activator use in acute stroke: experience from a statewide registry.
- Gender differences in stroke examined in a 10-year cohort of patients admitted to a Canadian teaching hospital.
- An episode of transient neurological symptoms.
- Predicting functional outcome after stroke by modelling baseline clinical and CT variables.
- Update on the third international stroke trial (IST-3) of thrombolysis for acute
- Developing predictive models of excellent and devastating outcome after stroke.
- The benefits and harms of intravenous thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator within 6 h of acute ischaemic stroke (the third international stroke trial [IST-3]): a randomised controlled trial.
- Fatigue impact scale demonstrates greater fatigue in younger stroke survivors.
- Speed impairs attending on the left: comparing attentional asymmetries for
- Impact of disability status on ischemic stroke costs in Canada in the first year.
- Differences in wake-up and unknown onset stroke examined in a stroke registry.
- Rapid Assessment and Treatment of Transient Ischemic Attacks and Minor Stroke in Canadian Emergency Departments: Time for a Paradigm Shift.
- Glyceryl Trinitrate for Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Results From the Efficacy of Nitric Oxide in Stroke (ENOS) Trial, a Subgroup Analysis.
- Continuing versus Stopping Prestroke Antihypertensive Therapy in Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage: A Subgroup Analysis of the Efficacy of Nitric Oxide in Stroke Trial.
- Transient ischemic attack: management in the emergency department and impact of an outpatient neurovascular clinic.
- Simple prediction scores predict good and devastating outcomes after stroke more accurately than physicians.
- Infarct in a New Territory After Treatment Administration in the ESCAPE Randomized Controlled Trial (Endovascular Treatment for Small Core and Anterior Circulation Proximal Occlusion With Emphasis on Minimizing CT to Recanalization Times).
- Route of Feeding as a Proxy for Dysphagia After Stroke and the Effect of Transdermal Glyceryl Trinitrate: Data from the Efficacy of Nitric Oxide in Stroke Randomised Controlled Trial.
Dr. Stephen J. Phillips M.D.'s Practice location
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588Get Direction
Dr. Stephen J. Phillips M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Phillips
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Dr. Thomas Alexander Whitaker M.D.900 Medical Cir Myrtle Beach South Carolina 29572
- Dr. Frank K. Sloan M.D.401 79th Ave N Myrtle Beach SC 29572
- Dr. Neil Bostrom Griffin MD2170 Midland Rd Southern Pines NC 28387
- Dr. Alexander John Anetakis MD4600 Oleander Dr Myrtle Beach SC 29577
- Dr. Shawn F Riley MD1115 48th Ave N Myrtle Beach SC 29577
- Dr. Alfred Jess Tomlinson M.D.1120 Glenns Bay Rd Myrtle Beach SC 29575