Dr. Bernardo Saavedra practices Neurological Surgery in Chicago, IL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Saavedra prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Universidad De Nuevo Leon Mexico,Monterrey,Mexico MD
- Mercy Hosp & Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery Edward Hines Jr Va Hosp, Neurology Mercy Hosp & Med Ctr, General Surgery Cook County Hosp, Neurology Cook County Hosp, Neurological Surgery Cook County Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Bernardo Saavedra MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60623Get Direction
Dr. Bernardo Saavedra MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- Dr. Shaun O'Leary MD, PHD800 West Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005
- Dr. Wesley Yapor7447 W. Talcott Ave. Chicago IL 60631
- Dimitrios C. Nikas1847 North Dayton Street Chicago Illinois 60614
- Dr. Izabela Tarasiewicz M.D.2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Tadanori Tomita MD2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Francisco Javier Espinosa-becerra MD3 Westbrook Corporate Ctr Westchester IL 60154