Dr. Dimitrios Christoforou is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Christoforou specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Christoforou tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
New York University B.A. History, Biology 2002
New York University School of Medicine M.D. 2006
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand- 2014
- Arm Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- De Quervain's Release
- Dressing And-or Debridement Of Wound, Infection, Or Burn (incl. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)
- Elbow Fracture And Dislocation Treatment
- Elbow Fracture And-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
- Elbow Replacement
- Excision of Radius or Ulna
- Fracture Care
- Hand And Wrist Fracture And Dislocation Treatment
- Hand And Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
- Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
- Joint Drainage
- Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
- Peripheral Nerve Block
- Resection Or Ablation Of Bone Tumor, Partial Or Complete Resection Of Bone, Debridement Of Bone
- Shoulder Fracture And Dislocation Treatment
- Shoulder Fracture Treatment
- Steroid Injection
- Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
- Wrist Fusion
- Wrist Replacement
- Trigger Finger
- Arthritic Conditions
- Tendonitis And Bursitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand & Wrist-upper Extremities
- Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Hand and Micro Surgery
- Hand and Wrist Arthritis
- Wrist and Elbow arthroscopy
- Wrist Fractures
- Wrist Instability
- Wrist Pain (de Quervain’s Tenosynovitis) Treatment
- Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Hand Problems
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- RADIAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
- Thumb arthritis
- Humerus fracture
- Arm Fracture (incl. Elbow And Shoulder)
- Finger Arthrodesis
- Finger Tendon Injuries
- Finger Tip Injuries
- Nail Conditions
- Elbow Arthritis
- Tennis Elbow (lateral Epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s Elbow (medial Epicondylitis) Treatment
- MemberAmerican Society for Surgery of the Hand 2012
- FellowAmerican Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2014
- MemberAmerican Association for Hand Surgery 2014
- Member/SupporterOrthopedic Research and Education Foundation 2007 - 2012
- MemberHellenic Medical Society 2008
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Surgery 2011
- Harvard Medical School Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery 2012
Experience & Accolades
- Attending Orthopedic Surgeon2012 - 2015Crystal Run HealthcareOrthopedic Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon
- Clinical Instructor2011 - 2012Massachusetts General HospitalClinical Instructor in Orthopedic Surgery
- Adjunct Clinical Professor2013 - 2015Touro College of MedicineMedical Student Education
- Associate Orthopedic Surgeon2011 - 2012Brigham & Women's HospitalHand & Upper Extremity Fellow
Dr. Dimitrios Christoforou M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Riverhead, NY 11901Get Direction
New York, NY 10003Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dimitrios Christoforou M.D. | Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dimitrios Christoforou M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Christoforou
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- Know Your Risk for Bone Fractures
Have you ever received a bone density test? This test is crucial for women who are experiencing menopause, as it tests how thin and frail their bones are. One might be prescribed medications to help this condition.“Bone density tests are good indicators for the risks of fractures”, says...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- Dr. James T. McGlowan Jr. MD110 Liberty St Brockton MA 02301
- Dr. Richard Morales Ozuna M.D.1 Orthopedics Dr Peabody Massachusetts 01960
- Dr. Robert Kyle Fullick MD6400 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Michael S. Kain M.D.41 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01805
- Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy MD55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Daniel C. Snyder M.D.2000 Washington St. Newton Massachusetts 2462