Dr. James Unti is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Unti specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Unti often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1982
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Complete small bowel obstruction secondary to internal transomental herniation: report of an unusual 'swiss cheese' omentum.
- Medical and surgical tourism: the new world of health care globalization and what it means for the practicing surgeon.
- Usefulness of anorectal myectomy.
- Bowel obstruction in pregnancy.
- Lymphoma of the extrahepatic biliary ducts in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Genital Warts
- Vascular Disease
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Cook County Hosp, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Columbus Hosp, General Surgery
- Columbus Hospital
- Cook County Hospital Program
Dr. James A. Unti M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. James A. Unti M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Unti
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Dr. Amy Halverson MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Michael Francis Mcgee M.D.676 N Saint Clair St Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Joshua M Eberhardt M.D.Cleveland Clinic 9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Dana Michelle Hayden M.D.1700 W. Van Buren St. Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Theodore J Saclarides M.D.1725 W Harrison Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Johan Fredrik Nordenstam MD2800 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55407