Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1002 S Old Dixie Hwy Suite 201 Jupiter FL, 33458
Dr. Mitchell Flaxman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Jupiter, FL. Dr. Flaxman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Flaxman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Gastroenterology; Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.'s Practice location
Jupiter, FL 33458Get Direction
Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Flaxman
- What Causes Colon Cancer?
As with any cancer, genetic factors play a role in colon cancer as well. However, greater than 75% to 90% of the population develops colon cancer with little or no genetic risk. This means that genetic factors play only a minor role in colon cancers.What are the genetic factors that predispose you...
- The Low FODMAP Diet and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Myths and Facts
Until now, it has been recognized that diet neither causes nor treats inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. However, specific diets have proven to be helpful in alleviating symptoms associated with these diseases. When considering this, it is important to...
- The Common Dental Issues that are Associated with Celiac Disease
When compared to general population, those who have celiac disease seems to suffer from dental issues more commonly than those who suffer from other conditions.It is said that oral health is the window to a patient's overall health, and an experienced dentist would tell patients that almost any...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Gallstones?
The treatment plan for gallstones depends on each patient’s symptoms. The “active monitoring” system is recommended to people who show no symptoms. No treatment is required in such cases. However, if symptoms appear, it best to consult your doctor immediately. Most of the time, if you go...
- Study Reveals Many Celiac Patients Avoid Vaccinations
Many people adopt a personal decision to avoid any and all vaccines that do not really seem necessary, or seem to correlate with other diseases. And, this number continues to grow as time goes by. Celiac patients, in particular, have been discovered to be particularly reluctant to take any...
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Raises Awareness of Celiac Disease
For some, the first time they heard much about the term "Gluten-free" was from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was formerly on The View. She also was a hardcore player on the show Survivor, inspiring many across the nation. Some didn't understand what celiac disease really was when she spoke about it, but...
- Dr. Sheldon J Taub M.D.1002 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter FL 33458
- Dr. David Lee Vastola DO11000 Prosperity Farms Rd Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
- Dr. Jeffrey H Garelick M.D.3370 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
- Dr. Jeffrey Stuart Wenger M.D.1117 N Olive Ave West Palm Beach FL 33401
- Dr. Robert S Epstein MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Mitchell N. Davis D.O.10115 W Forest Hill Blvd Wellington FL 33414