Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1002 S Old Dixie Hwy Suite 201 Jupiter FL, 33458
Dr. Mitchell Flaxman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Jupiter, FL. Dr. Flaxman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Flaxman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Gastroenterology; Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.'s Practice location
Jupiter, FL 33458Get Direction
Dr. Mitchell J Flaxman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Flaxman
- Probiotics Linked to Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Probiotics, or so called “good bacteria”, are tiny organisms introduced into the body for health benefits. They are found in certain foods, such as yogurt, and they also come in supplements, available in the form of tablets and capsules. Probiotics help with digestion and offer protection...
- What is Xanthan Gum?
Occurrence, Isolation Xanthun gum is an extracellular high molecular weight polysaccharide. It is obtained by microbial fermentation from Xanthomonas campestris and some other related micro organisms. The microorganism is produced on a medium which contains glucose, NH4Cl, and a mixture of amino...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- Study Suggests that Self-Reported Celiac Disease Could Be Due to Another Molecule
Although medical statics show that celiac disease and gluten allergies are present in only a small number of people (less than 1%), a large number of people are claiming to suffer from celiac disease and reporting benefits from a gluten-free diet, even without a proper diagnosis. Perhaps, what is...
- Causes and Treatments for Fecal Leakage in Adults
Fecal leakageFecal leakage is when the person is not able to control bowel movements. Thus from the rectum the stool leaks out at unexpected times. In women it is more common and also in elderly in both male and female it is common. Many people who experience this feel embarrassed and reluctant to...
- 8 Tips on Living with Gallstones
You can opt to take ursodiol (a bile acid that occurs naturally and assists in dissolving cholesterol) in case you do not want surgery, if you are not able to undergo surgery, or if your gallstones are small. Ursodiol dissolves the gallstones that are made up of cholesterol, and sometimes, it can...
- Dr. Sheldon J Taub M.D.1002 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter FL 33458
- Dr. Robert S Epstein MD1157 S STATE ROAD 7 WELLINGTON FL 33414
- Dr. Jeffrey Stuart Wenger M.D.1117 N Olive Ave West Palm Beach FL 33401
- Dr. Jeffrey H Garelick M.D.2001 N FLAGLER DR WEST PALM BEACH FL 33407
- Dr. David Lee Vastola DO11000 Prosperity Farms Rd Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
- Dr. Mitchell N. Davis D.O.10115 W Forest Hill Blvd Wellington FL 33414