Dr. Jana Galyo practices Emergency Medicine in Portsmouth, VA. Dr. Galyo assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Galyo examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Jana Lentzner Galyo PA-C's Practice location
Portsmouth, VA 23707Get Direction
Jana Lentzner Galyo PA-C's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. James Way Forest-Lam M.D.1500 N 28th St Richmond Virginia 23223
- Timothy Coakley4505 Main St Virginia Beach Virginia 23462
- Dr. Harvey P Rawls MD4092 Foxwood Dr Virginia Beach VA 23462
- Dr. Barry J Knapp MD4092 Foxwood Dr Virginia Beach VA 23462
- Dr. David W Munter MD4092 Foxwood Dr Virginia Beach VA 23462
- Dr. Francis E Watson M.D.736 Battlefield Blvd N Chesapeake VA 23320