Dr. Erika Steele is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEWBURGH, IN. Dr. Steele specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Steele evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Steele helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Erika D Steele M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
NEWBURGH, IN 47630Get Direction
Erika D Steele M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Mrs. Christi P Watkins M.S.,CCC-SLP3701 BELLEMEADE AVE EVANSVILLE IN 47714
- Lisa Mauck150 N ROSENBERGER AVE EVANSVILLE IN 47712
- Mrs. Michelle M Seaman M.S., CCC-SLP3701 BELLEMEADE AVE EVANSVILLE IN 47714
- Stephanie Hunter3701 BELLEMEADE AVE EVANSVILLE IN 47714
- Mrs. Stephanie Jeanne Bosecker MS,CCC-SLP25 S BOEHNE CAMP RD EVANSVILLE IN 47712
- Elizabeth Atcher CFY-SLP1331 BURCHWOOD CT HENDERSON KY 42420