Dr. Charles Bernstein is a gastroenterologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Bernstein specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Bernstein performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Manitoba / Faculty of Medicine 1985
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Placebos in medicine.
- The effects of physical exercise on patients with Crohn's disease.
- Crohn's disease and the Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome.
- An international survey of the use and attitudes regarding alternative medicine by patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Helicobacter pylori in the Canadian arctic: seroprevalence and detection in community water samples.
- Perianal Crohn's disease and pregnancy: role of the mode of delivery.
- ALMs versus DALMs in ulcerative colitis: polypectomy or colectomy?
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy causing colonic injury.
- Cancer surveillance in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Perceptual responses in patients with inflammatory and functional bowel disease.
- Colonoscopy plus biopsy in the inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Clinically significant gastrointestinal bleeding in critically ill patients in an era of prophylaxis.
- Neoplastic and other complications of inflammatory bowel disease.
- The use of 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy in inflammatory bowel diseases: distinguishing ulcerative colitis from Crohn's disease.
- Small-area variations and sociodemographic correlates for the incidence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Dr. Charles N Bernstein MD's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90095Get Direction
Dr. Charles N Bernstein MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Fast Food Chain Offers Gluten-Free Substitute
There is a certain fast food restaurant in the United States that serves a sandwich featuring a gluten-free bun for celiac disease sufferers. Chick-fil-A, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, declared that they would be adding this sandwich to the menu. The newest bun is made...
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Applauds New York State Restroom Access Legislation
People with Crohn’s and colitis understand the pain of being stuck in public with no restrooms available. The need to visit the restroom can be great, but nothing is publicly available, and upon asking an employee: “Sorry, there are no public restrooms in this building.”Perhaps because of...
- Is the Gluten-Free Trend Coming to an End?
It is essential that those with celiac disease do not eat any gluten – even accidentally. But many people think that a gluten-free diet is just a fad and not a medical necessity for those who have celiac disease. These same people discount the implications of even accidental gluten exposure. ...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- For Children with Crohn's, New Approach Is Safer than Steroids, Study Finds
Steroids are the standard of therapy when treating Crohn’s flares. Unfortunately, steroids also come with many nasty side effects. For example, bone demineralization and slow growth are just some of the side effects of steroids that are especially concerning for a growing child. Corticosteroids...
- Dr. Calin S. Arimie MD7320 Woodlake Avenue Los Angeles California 91307
- Dr. Jeffrey H. Sherman MD8631 West 3rd Street Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Said Rahban MD6333 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048
- Ian Renner5901 W. Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90036
- Dr. Viktor E Eysselein M.D.1000 West Carson Street Torrance California 90502
- Dr. Emeran A Mayer MD100 UCLA Medical Plaza Los Angeles California 90095