Dr. Erin West is a speech language pathologist practicing in SARASOTA, FL. Dr. West specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. West evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. West helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Erin R West MS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
SARASOTA, FL 34243Get Direction
Mrs. Erin R West MS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Shaun M Merolle CCC-SLP9020 58TH DR E BRADENTON FL 34202
- Mrs. Alejandra Maria Venesky M.S, CCC-SLP2415 UNIVERSITY PKWY SARASOTA FL 34243
- Ms. Judith A. Harvey M.A., CCC-SLP5969 CATTLERIDGE BLVD STE 100 SARASOTA FL 34232
- Margaret Patricia Deckinga MS, CCC-SLP3823 E STATE ROAD 64 BRADENTON FL 34208
- Valerie Ealey4778 HAMLETS GROVE DR SARASOTA FL 34235
- Ms. Alyson R Klein M.S. CCC-SLP4602 NORTHGATE CT SARASOTA FL 34234