Dr. Thomas Jacob is a psychiatrist practicing in Arlington, VA. Dr. Jacob is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Jacob diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Jacob may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Jacob treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Christian Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India 1970
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Thomas Nedumparambil Jacob M.D.'s Practice location
Arlington, VA 22205Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Nedumparambil Jacob M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Is ADHD Lifelong?
ADHD is often regarded as a childhood disorder. ADHD patients are usually inattentive, impulsive, and hyperactive. About 60% of these children will experience the condition throughout their entire life. In the US, more than 4% of the adults are living with ADHD. Unfortunately, a bigger fraction of...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Richard Greenberg MD2112 F Street Washington District of Columbia 20037
- Dr. Asad Masri M.D.7787 Leesburg Pike Falls Church Virginia 22043
- Henry Claude Barbot720 North Saint Asaph Street Alexandria Virginia 22314-1960
- Dr. Beverly A. Reader M.D.1005 North Glebe Road Arlington Virginia 22201
- Dr. Niku Singh MD VA 22102
- Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D.927 South Walter Reed Drive Arlington Virginia 22204