Dr. Richard Boyd Merrick M.D.
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)5950 University Ave Suite 265 West Des Moines IA, 50266
Dr. Richard Merrick is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Merrick specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1971
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1971
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Deviated Septum
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Ear Wax
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Otolaryngology; Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Methodi, Pediatrics; Gallup Indian Med Ctr, General Practice; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Richard Boyd Merrick M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Richard Boyd Merrick M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merrick
- Causes of Laryngitis
Laryngitis is normally recorded as a result of a contagion or the exploitation of the vocal cords. The contagious causes are commonly taken care of with antibiotics, which at times make the situation worse, which would not be the case if there were some natural treatment. These treatments are more...
- What Do Bumps on the Roof of Your Mouth Mean?
IntroductionThe presence of bumps and lumps in the mouth is not something uncommon. You may have experienced them in the past, particularly on your lips, back of the throat, or tongue. There are various things that can cause the formation of bumps on the roof of your mouth, but most of them are...
- Can You Get Laryngitis From a Sinus Infection?
A virus is the reason that causes most cases of laryngitis, just like a virus causes most cases of a cold. Viruses are contagious and therefore you can acquire any of these conditions from other people who are infected. Some people develop sinusitis immediately after they catch a cold, while others...
- What Are the Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?
Abnormal growth and division of the cells in one or both the ovaries in women is referred to as ovarian cancer. The abnormal cells of this cancer are capable of invading other organs in the body, like the fallopian tubes and the uterus. The cells may break off from the main growth region and form...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Ear Infections and Swollen Lymph Nodes
The lymph nodes behind the ears, in the neck and under the arms are some of the most notable lymph glands in the body. These glands store fluids and nutrients and help in filtering waste material out of the bloodstream as well as out from the body tissue. They also produce antibodies that help...
- Dr. Matthew J Carfrae MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Andrew Nelson Stevenson DO600 John Deere Rd Moline IL 61265
- Dr. Jeffrey Ryan Smit M.D.1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Thomas O Paulson MD601 East Locust Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Eytan Young MD105 Valley West Dr West Des Moines IA 50265
- Dr. Richard J Rinehart M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266