Dr. Sara Keeney is a speech language pathologist practicing in GREENVILLE, SC. Dr. Keeney specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Keeney evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Keeney helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sara Keeney MCD, CCC-SLP's Practice location
GREENVILLE, SC 29601Get Direction
Sara Keeney MCD, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Whitney Sheppard Palmer S. L. P.29 N ACADEMY ST GREENVILLE SC 29601
- Mrs. Jennifer Williams Merriam M.ED., SLP29 N ACADEMY ST GREENVILLE SC 29601
- Mrs. Braina Michelle Dubre SLP30 SPRINGCREST CT GREENVILLE SC 29607
- Mrs. Mollie R Manolakis SLP29 N ACADEMY ST GREENVILLE SC 29601
- Whitney Hebert Mammarella M.A., CCC-SLP714 RICHBOURG RD GREENVILLE SC 29615
- Debra R Harrison CCC-SLP1306 PELHAM RD GREENVILLE SC 29615