Dr. Alma Ortiz practices Pulmonology in SAN JUAN, PR. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Ortiz manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Mrs. Alma B Ortiz M.D.'s Practice location
SAN JUAN, PR 00923Get Direction
Mrs. Alma B Ortiz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Choir Members with Cystic Fibrosis Record Album but Can’t Sing Together
A team of organizers reached out to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a Scottish charity foundation in Scotland, in order to see if they could recruit a small group of adolescents with cystic fibrosis for an album that they were working on called “Stand Together.”Unfortunately, due to the nature of...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis, Study Says
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- Gene Therapy to Treat Cystic Fibrosis Could Be Available by 2020
Worldwide, more than 30,000 individuals are living with cystic fibrosis (CF) and each year, around 1,000 new cases of CF are detected. Cystic fibrosis is a severe genetic condition brought about by a faulty gene known as CFTR (cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator). The gene makes a...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- COPD: Definition, Epidemiology & Etiology
Our respiratory system is a complex machine comprised of small parts that ensure its smooth functioning. Even a small hindrance in any of the links can cause a complication in the respiratory system, which could result in severe health issues.There are many types of respiratory diseases, the most...
- Bronchitis – Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes. Bronchial tubes carry the air to and from the lungs.The disease can be either acute or chronic:...
- Dr. Frankie Alvarado M.D.141 Dean St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Hector J Stella estevez MD107 Gonzalez Guisti Ave Guaynabo PR 00966
- Crispulo M Rivera ofray MD.68 CALLE SANTA CRUZ BAYAMON PR 00961
- Noel Totti MD735 PONCE DE LEON AVE HATO REY PR 00917
- Dr. Arlene Hernandez M.D.1901 Perdido St New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Hector Y Vazquez saad MDAve Fd Roosevelt # 400 San Juan PR 00917