Dr. Steven L Chen M.D.
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology1500 Duarte Rd Duarte CA, 91010
Dr. Steven Chen is a surgical oncologist practicing in Duarte, CA. Dr. Chen specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1998
- How will limiting resident work hours impact surgical training?
- Assessing costs in health care.
- Emerging approaches for assessing and improving the quality of surgical care.
- More extensive nodal dissection improves survival for stages I to III of colon cancer: a population-based study.
- Treatment disparities in Hispanic rectal cancer patients: a SEER database study.
- Resecting lymph nodes in colon cancer: more than a staging operation?
- Role of repeated hepatectomy in the multimodal treatment of hepatic colorectal metastases.
- Prognostic impact of micrometastases in colon cancer: interim results of a prospective multicenter trial.
- The survival impact of the choice of surgical procedure after ipsilateral breast cancer recurrence.
- Adjuvant radiation therapy is associated with improved survival for adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast.
- Endoscopy education in general surgery residencies: meeting the new RRC
- Complete regression of subcutaneous and cutaneous metastatic melanoma with high-dose intralesional interleukin 2 in combination with topical imiquimod and retinoid cream.
- An interaction of race and ethnicity with socioeconomic status in rectal cancer outcomes.
- Surgical resident involvement is safe for common elective general surgery procedures.
- Adjuvant radiation therapy and survival for pure tubular breast carcinoma--experience from the SEER database.
- Utilization of mastectomy and reconstruction in the outpatient setting.
- The evolution of surgical technique for total gastrectomy over a 12-year period: a single institution's experience.
- Hidradenocarcinoma of the finger.
- Trends in radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery in elderly patients with early-stage breast cancer.
- Rural and urban disparities in the evolution of sentinel lymph node utilization in breast cancer.
- Incidence of inflammatory breast cancer in women, 1992-2009, United States.
- Life expectancy after curative-intent treatment of breast cancer: impact on long-term follow-up care.
- Tumor response ratio predicts overall survival in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Workup and staging of malignant melanoma.
- Prevention and management of lymphedema after breast cancer treatment.
- Measures of Appropriateness and Value for Breast Surgeons and Their Patients: The American Society of Breast Surgeons Choosing Wisely (®) Initiative.
- Surgical Lymphadenectomy: The Impact of Sentinel Node Mapping in Breast Cancer.
- Intraoperative Tumor Detection Using a Ratiometric Activatable Fluorescent Peptide: A First-in-Human Phase 1 Study.
- Erratum to: Intraoperative Tumor Detection Using a Ratiometric Activatable Fluorescent Peptide: A First-in-Human Phase 1 Study.
- MACRA and the Changing Medicare Payment Landscape.
- Sensitive Visualization of Breast Cancer Using Ratiometric Protease-activatable Fluorescent Imaging Agent, AVB-620.
Dr. Steven L Chen M.D.'s Practice location
Duarte, CA 91010Get Direction
Santa Monica, CA 90404Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92126Get Direction
Dr. Steven L Chen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chen
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Mr. Carlos Garberoglio MD1500 Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. Vaishali Trivedi Kent M.D.1510 San Pablo Street Los Angeles CA 90033
- Mr. Joshua Ellenhorn MD1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. Evelyn Lillian Kachikwu MD720 Westview Dr SW Atlanta GA 30310
- Dr. Sherin K Shirazi M.D.1044 S Fair Oaks Ave Pasadena CA 91105
- Dr. Julie E Lang M.D.1441 Eastlake Ave Los Angeles CA 90089