Dr. Shahid Samy M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease10000 W Colonial Dr Suite 380 Ocoee FL, 34761
Dr. Shahid Samy practices Pulmonology in Ocoee, FL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Samy manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan MD
Dr. Shahid Samy M.D.'s Practice location
Ocoee, FL 34761Get Direction
Ocoee, FL 34761Get Direction
Dr. Shahid Samy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Samy
- All about Bronchitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is a pulmonary disorder that occurs due to inflammation of airway lining of the lungs, resulting in respiratory distress. Bronchitis is often characterized by cough that produces thick mucus (phlegm) often yellowish-green in color, indicating an underlying infection. ...
- The Link Between Childhood Asthma and COPD
It is clear that smoking is one of the greatest risks for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); however, there are other factors, such as second hand smoking (wherein you get the effects of smoking by getting exposed to it even if you do not smoke), contact with pollution, genetic...
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Gives Teen with Cystic Fibrosis a Dream Come True
The Make-A-Wish Foundation is well known among those suffering from chronic illness and the population at large. The foundation has made many headlines for keeping true to its mission to “grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition.” And that’s exactly...
- Antibiotics for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis damages the lungs, digestive system, and other organs in the body. It affects the cells producing mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. It is caused due to defect in a gene. This gene changes a protein responsible for movement of salts in and out of cells. As a result, thick, sticky...
- The Fight Marches On: Making Life-changing Medicine Available to Everyone with Cystic Fibrosis
Every day, people coping with cystic fibrosis (CF) strive to live their lives to the fullest, from exercising and managing their everyday care to tackling obstacles head-on and raising awareness. Throughout the years, CF communities have been making their mark and pushing for better care. Today,...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Dr. Claudina A Bonilla M.D.601 E Rollins St Orlando FL 32803
- Dr. Eduardo C Oliveira M.D.2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33331
- Dr. Antonio L. Rodriguez M.D.515 West State Rd. 434 Longwood FL 32750
- Dr. Joseph Itodo Ameh M.D.720 W Oak St Kissimmee FL 34741
- Dr. Rumi Ahmed Khan M.D.21 W Columbia St Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Jorge L. Hernandez M.D.1400 S Orlando Ave Winter Park FL 32789