Dr. Sybil Alice Tasker M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease8901 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda MD, 20889
Dr. Sybil Tasker is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Tasker specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1988
- Correlates of human herpesvirus-8 seropositivity among U.S. military members recently infected with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Safety and immunogenicity of an inactivated hepatitis A vaccine among HIV-infected subjects.
- Vaccination in patients with HIV infection.
- Trauma-related infections in battlefield casualties from Iraq.
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Infectious Diseases Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Internal Medicine
Dr. Sybil Alice Tasker M.D.'s Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20889Get Direction
Dr. Sybil Alice Tasker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tasker
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- 5 Facts You Never Knew About Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STI) in the United States that mostly affects people between 14 and 49. It occurs as a result of infection with both types of herpes simplex virus (HSV)-HSV1 and HSV2. However, most people with genital herpes are infected with...
- What Are the Treatments for Cold Sores?
Cold sores are inflamed fluid-filled blisters, which appear in clusters on and around the mouth or lips. They can be seen when a person has a weakened immune system during fever, cold, or any other disease. Usually, cold sores are not harmful and should heal on their own within two to four weeks...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Ali Afad Arastu1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205
- Dr. Miriam Louise Cameron MD2100 W Pennsylvania Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Vikas Kapoor M.D,240 Bridge St Metuchen NJ 08840
- Dr. Gelareh K Alavi M.D.5601 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Ruth Marie Jacobs M.D.15001 Shady Grove Rd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Joseph G Jemsek MD2440 M Street N.W. Washington DC 20037