Dr. John Horlander MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1169 Eastern Pkwy G58 Louisville KY, 40217
Dr. John Horlander is a gastroenterologist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Horlander specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Horlander performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1995
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1995
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- H. Pylori
- In Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Indiana University School of Medicine Program
Dr. John Horlander MD's Practice location
Dr. John Horlander MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Horlander
- Is Gluten Sensitivity for Life?
Gluten sensitivity on any level can usher in a slew of problems for many individuals. Viewed as a rising problem in the world today, more research and options are readily available on this topic. There can be conflicting research out there, as the topic is still being studied more predominantly than...
- Why Each Colitis Treatment Is Different for Everyone
To endure Colitis is to be tougher than nails. Nobody wants their strength tested in this way. The good news is that many people diagnosed can achieve remission with the variety of treatments available.The not-as-great news is that it can take some juggling by doctors to achieve the exact...
- What Is the Purpose of an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)?
What is an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)?An esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD is an upper GI endoscopy procedure performed to diagnose and treat problems in the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.This procedure involves the use of an endoscope, which is a long and flexible tube with a tiny camera...
- What Is the Difference Between IBS and IBD?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) both chronic conditions that can trigger similar symptoms, including abdominal pain and urgency to make a bowel movement. In the United States, IBS is extremely common, affecting around 25 to 45 million Americans. IBD is also...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What Is IBS? Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome a Serious Medical Condition?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common medical condition that is found in a large number of people. Although this condition is very common in older adults, it is also likely to affect people in younger age groups. Irritable bowel syndrome as a medical condition is known to impact as many as 25...
- Dr. James Cletus Strobel M.D.2630 Grant Line Rd New Albany IN 47150
- Dr. Nadim Syed Jafri M.D.,M.SC.550 S Jackson St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Sanjay K. Jain M.D.4402 Churchman Ave Louisville KY 40215
- Dr. Joel M Warren M.D.530 S Jackson St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Mark H Bronner MD1169 Eastern Pkwy Louisville KY 40217
- Dr. Jonathan William Goldstein M.D.3920 Dutchmans Ln Louisville KY 40207