Dr. Susan Welch is a pediatrician practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Welch is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Welch diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Welch can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
University of Washington School of Medicine 2003
Dr. Susan Kay Welch MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38119Get Direction
Dr. Susan Kay Welch MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Welch
- Does My Child Have Chicken Pox?
The chicken pox virus is dangerous for pregnant women who were not vaccinated or did not undergo this infectious disease before pregnancy. The toxic part of the virus can lead to congenital (inborn) defects in a fetus and in severe cases, even to its death. The causing agent is a virus called...
- Green Poop in Babies: When Should You Worry About It?
Baby poop is always a matter of concern for new mothers. The cause of worry can be on various factors such as the frequency of the baby's poop, its color and consistency, and concerns about your child's solid food intake.Normal Color and Consistency of Baby PoopA baby’s first poop is always black...
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Benefits of a Weighted Vest for Autism
Sensory integration therapy has been used for people with autism and other neurological disorders to try and tackle the underlying neurological processing and integration of sensory information in order to have a positive effect on emotion, learning, and behavior. Using a weighted vest for autism is...
- Dr. Patrice C. Reed M.D.1255 S. Germantown Road Germantown Tennessee 38138
- Dr. Oluwaseun E. Orebiyi-Heinkel MD1129 Hale Road Memphis Tennessee 38116
- Dr. James Edward Carter M.D.1444 E Shelby Dr Memphis TN 38116
- Dr. Toni M Whitaker MD711 Jefferson Ave Memphis TN 38105
- Dr. Robert Thomas Higginbotham MD8110 Walnut Run Rd Cordova TN 38018
- Dr. John H Purvis MD1589 Sparta St Mcminnville TN 37110