Dr. Elizabeth Crawford is a speech language pathologist practicing in BIRMINGHAM, AL. Dr. Crawford specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Crawford evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Crawford helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Elizabeth Crawford CCC-SLP's Practice location
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35233Get Direction
Mrs. Elizabeth Crawford CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Laurel Buckner245 CAHABA VALLEY PKWY PELHAM AL 35124
- Mrs. Natalie Orona Baldwin M.C.D., CCC-SLP1600 5TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Andrea Abts1441 LEGACY DR BIRMINGHAM AL 35242
- Jennifer Bangham M.ED./SLP3057 LORNA RD STE 220 BIRMINGHAM AL 35216
- Andrea Leigh Reynolds245 CAHABA VALLEY PKWY PELHAM AL 35124
- Marie Reynolds4231 DOLLY RIDGE RD VESTAVIA AL 35243