Dr. William Dittrich practices Pulmonology in Meridian, ID. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Dittrich manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. William J Dittrich MD's Practice location
Meridian, ID 83642Get Direction
Dr. William J Dittrich MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When Should You See a Pulmonologist?
OverviewPulmonology is a subspecialty of internal medicine that focuses on respiratory health. The specialist called in this area of medicine is called a pulmonologist. Pulmonologists are specialists who diagnose and treat different conditions that are associated with the respiratory system of...
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Young Women with Cystic Fibrosis
The Journal of Cystic Fibrosis has published recent study results on research into the sexual and reproductive health care in young women with cystic fibrosis.This study compared the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care of those with CF to the general U.S. population. Both groups of women were...
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, and Management
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) refers to pneumonia that develops in people with very less or no contact with any medical setting such as a hospital or clinic. Most of the time, the people who are infected with CAP are healthy individuals.Background of the DiseaseFour million cases...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- What Is a Barrel Chest?
Barrel Chest A barrel chest refers to an individual's chest that appears to be always partially inflated. It looks as if they are taking a deep breath with their rib cage broadened. An individual with a barrel chest may find it hard to breathe.A barrel chest may develop due to osteoarthritis or...
- How Lung Transplants for Cystic Fibrosis Patients Have Changed
For those with cystic fibrosis (CF), lung infections are the greatest contributor to death. Lung inflammation, destruction, and chronic infection occurs due to the thick sticky mucus associated with CF.This over-proliferation of mucus occurs due to the mutated gene CFTR which is responsible for the...
- Dr. Kathleen R. Sutherland MD1075 N. Curtis Rd Boise ID 83706
- Dr. Janat E. O'donnell MD1075 N. Curtis Rd Boise ID 83706
- Dr. Michael R Blumhardt M.D.1010 Three Springs Blvd Durango CO 81301
- Dr. Saadia R Akhtar MD2347 E Gala St Meridian ID 83642
- Dr. Joshua David Holweger M.D.420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Dan J Hendrickson M.D.211 E Logan St Caldwell ID 83605