Dr. David Defay practices Orthodontics in Iowa City, IA. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Defay may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Defay must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Dr. David Kay Defay DDS, MS's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52245Get Direction
Kaysville, UT 84037Get Direction
Dr. David Kay Defay DDS, MS's reviewsWrite Review
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Dr. Suzanne Elizabeth Stock D.D.S., M.S.1031 Wade St Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. Tanner Jay Clark D.D.S., M.S.S219 Dental Science Building Iowa City IA 52242
- Thomas Edward Southard DDS322 S Dental Science Bldg Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Shankar Rengasamy venugopalan B.D.S.,P.H.D188 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Kyungsup Shin DMD219 Dental Science Bldg S Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nathan Eric Hall D.D.S, M.S.1041 Arthur St Iowa City IA 52240