Dr. Katerina Theodoracopoulos is a speech language pathologist practicing in STATEN ISLAND, NY. Dr. Theodoracopoulos specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Theodoracopoulos evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Theodoracopoulos helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miss Katerina Theodoracopoulos CCC-SLP's Practice location
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10314Get Direction
Miss Katerina Theodoracopoulos CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Feigi Halberstam Other1651 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn NY 11230
- Amanda Karas220 W 121ST ST NEW YORK NY 10027
- Mrs. Nicole Scire M.S. CCC-SLP520B BLOOMINGDALE RD STATEN ISLAND NY 10309
- Jessica Kestenbaum MS CCC-SLP TSSLD1658 W 4TH ST BROOKLYN NY 11223
- Nathalie Spring Eisenberg CCC-CF716 53RD ST BROOKLYN NY 11220
- Jessica Wysokinski MA, CCC-SLP59 PEDEE PL MIDDLETOWN NJ 07748