Dr. Shamas Kiani is an anesthesiologist practicing in Waterloo, IA. Dr. Kiani ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Kiani also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Rawalpindi Medical College 1994
- Nassau University Medical Center Program
Dr. Shamas Chungez Kiani M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Shamas Chungez Kiani M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kiani
- Autism: How to Handle a Child Running Away from School
As many know, children with autism spectrum disorder are prone to wandering behaviors, leading to a constant worry for many parents. These worries came true recently when a child ran away from school in East Harlem. While these dangers are always present, there are certain precautions both parents...
- Proper Exercise Can Provide Effective Crohn's and Colitis Relief
For someone living with Crohn's or colitis, it may seem as if exercise is a bad idea. All of that movement can activate symptoms, right? What happens if the symptoms occur during exercise, such as diarrhea? Would it not be safer to avoid the risk and minimize movement?Actually, exercise has...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Steven Gustave Punke M.D.1825 Logan Ave Waterloo IA 50703
- Dr. Peter J Hohnstein MD2710 Saint Francis Dr Waterloo IA 50702
- Dr. Albert Jerome Jackson MD2710 Saint Francis Dr Waterloo IA 50702
- Robert N Federhofer Other2710 Saint Francis Dr Waterloo IA 50702
- Dr. Keeran Ghandivel MD1825 Logan Ave Waterloo IA 50703
- Dr. Webster N Clayton MD2710 Saint Francis Dr Waterloo IA 50702