Dr. Arlene Baratz is a radiologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Baratz specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1984
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1984
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Sex determination, differentiation, and identity.
- Re: Editorial: It is (sort of) a boy and (sort of) a girl. You have (sort of) a say and you (sort of) don't? The uneasiness of genital restoration surgery [JPEM 2006(11); 19: 1285-1289].
- Disorders of sex development peer support.
- Misrepresentation of evidence favoring early normalizing surgery for atypical sex anatomies.
- Carcinoma mimicked by the sternal insertion of the pectoral muscle.
- Attitudes towards "disorders of sex development" nomenclature among affected individuals.
- Response to 'Re. Attitudes towards disorders of sex development nomenclature among affected individuals'.
- The Ethics of Fertility Preservation for Pediatric Patients With Differences (Disorders) of Sex Development.
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Diagnostic Radiology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University Of Pittsburgh 1985
Arlene B Baratz MD's Practice location
Arlene B Baratz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Mark Hilborn MD100 Medical Blvd. Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317
- Ameet Upadhyaya M.D.1 Hospital Way Butler Pennsylvania 16001
- William E Rothfus MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Michelle R Straka M.D.1910 Cochran Rd Pittsburgh PA 15220
- Scott P Patterson MD1000 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh PA 15243
- Thomas S. Chang M.D.1910 Cochran Rd Pittsburgh PA 15220