Dr. Laura K Brennan MD
Emergency Physician (Pediatric) | Pediatric Emergency Medicine34th & Civic Center Blvd Children's Hospital Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Laura Brennan is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Brennan specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 2001
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Child Abuse Pediatrics
- Opportunities for integrating public health and urban planning approaches to promote active community environments.
- Linking perceptions of the community to behavior: are protective social factors associated with physical activity?
- Exploring new opportunities for evidence-based decision making.
- Strategies proposed by Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities partnerships to prevent childhood obesity.
- Lessons from a mixed-methods approach to evaluating Active Living by Design.
- Identifying the role of community partnerships in creating change to support active living.
- Assessment for active living: harnessing the power of data-driven planning and action.
- Evaluation of physical projects and policies from the Active Living by Design partnerships.
- Programs and promotions: approaches by 25 Active Living by Design partnerships.
- Active living by design sustainability strategies.
- Concept mapping: priority community strategies to create changes to support active living.
- Evaluation of Active Living by Design: implementation patterns across communities.
- Childhood obesity policy research and practice: evidence for policy and environmental strategies.
- Using frameworks to diagram value in complex policy and environmental interventions to prevent childhood obesity.
- Evaluating the implementation and impact of policy, practice, and environmental changes to prevent childhood obesity in 49 diverse communities.
- Children'S Hosp-Philadelphia, Pediatrics
Dr. Laura K Brennan MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
ABINGTON, PA 19001Get Direction
Dr. Laura K Brennan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brennan
- The Benefits of a Massage for People With Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia causes pain throughout the body. It also causes tenderness in joints, muscles, tendons and other soft tissues. Although there is no cure for fibromyalgia, pain can be managed.Massage is considered effective and beneficial in managing pain caused by fibromyalgia.About 5 million Americans...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Dr. Megan Lavoie MD34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Joseph J Zorc M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Mercedes M Blackstone M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Christine B Sethna M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Jill C Posner M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Joanne Smith M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104