Dr. Frank Gold is a cardiologist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Gold specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Gold also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Frank Gold MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61603Get Direction
Dr. Frank Gold MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are Statins Safe?
Statins are a class of drugs that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the production of cholesterol in liver. It is one of the most commonly prescribed drug to lower cholesterol levels and to avoid complications like stroke and heart attacks....
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- Natural Trans Fats May Not Negatively Affect Your Heart
Trans fats can be classified as natural and man-made. Natural trans fats are found in beef, pork, lamb, and dairy products. Man-made trans fats are used to increase the shelf life of many products, and these fats are found to increase the risk of heart disease and clogging the arteries. According to...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Dr. Alexander Adler MD112 Ne Crescent Peoria IL 61603
- Dr. Sudhir Mungee MD5405 North Knoxville Avenue Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Marco Barzallo M.D.5405 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Ronald R Rabjohns MD5405 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. John Rashid M.D.5405 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Mark J Hsu MD5405 North Knoxville Avenue Peoria IL 61614