Dr. Jeffrey S Berger MD, MS
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular DiseaseDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Jeffrey Berger is a cardiologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Berger specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Berger also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Sackler School of Medicine 2001
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Jeffrey S Berger MD, MS's Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
New York, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey S Berger MD, MS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berger
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?
Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?Atrial fibrillation is known as one of the most dangerous conditions of the heart. The infection can easily lead to stroke if you are not careful. It causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers, especially the atria. It alters the electrical...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- Does an Enlarged Heart Affect Health?
Enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is an indication of an underlying condition rather than a disease in itself. Enlargement makes the heart work harder than normal and weakens the heart muscles after a period of time. An enlarged heart has a number of causes including hypertension and coronary artery...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Dr. Michael R Komada MD2609 N Duke St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Sudarshan Rajagopal M.D.Duke University Medical Center - Box 31224 Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Eric Stephen Moore M.D.3643 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Brian Colwell Jensen M.D.Unc Division Of Cardiology Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Alan L Hinderliter MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Michael Yeung M.D.1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110