Dr. Gerry Boccarossa is an internist practicing in Bristol, TN. Dr. Boccarossa specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Boccarossa provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1985
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Sleep Apnea
- Skin Cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- Southside Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Tod Chldns Hospital 1986
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Southside Hospital Program
Dr. Gerry Boccarossa DO's Practice location
Bristol, TN 37620Get Direction
Blountville, TN 37617Get Direction
Dr. Gerry Boccarossa DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Boccarossa
- Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?
Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?Sleep normally follows a pattern that alternates between rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep. Changes in this pattern affect sleep resulting in disorders that may lead to tiredness and lack of concentration and attention during day time. Sleep can be disrupted...
- What to Eat When You're Sick
When you are diagnosed with a chronic illness, or a temporary illness, you should eat properly and maintain a healthy diet. Difficulty in swallowing, nausea, bloating, lack of appetite, and many more symptoms add to the difficulties when you are sick. Eating the right type of food is very important,...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- How Much Can We Tell About a Person From Their Appearance?
Ever heard of the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? You might want to rethink it. This new study that includes more than 100 college students argues that looking at a person's appearance can help understand a few of their personality traits. The college students that participated in the...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Dr. Todd Nairn MD617 Campus Dr Abingdon VA 24210
- Dr. Michael J Grosserode M.D.301 Med Tech Pkwy Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Jei Florensari Martin MD119 Boone Ridge Drive Johnson City TN 37615
- Dr. William John Baker MD16000 Johnston Memorial Dr Abingdon VA 24211
- Dr. Richard K Reed MD1916 Brookside Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Craig S Graul DO104 Manchester Pl Bristol TN 37620