Dr. Patrick Tomak practices Neurological Surgery in New Haven, CT. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Tomak prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Neurological Surgery; Emory Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Patrick R Tomak MD's Practice location
Dr. Patrick R Tomak MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tomak
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Dr. Kenneth Irwin Lipow M.D.267 Grant St Bridgeport CT 06610
- Dr. Gary M Bloomgarden MD330 Orchard St New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Thomas J Arkins MD330 Orchard St New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Maxwell Scott Laurans M.D.333 Cedar St New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. Willard Stein Kasoff M.D.1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Edward W. Akeyson M.D.60 Temple St New Haven CT 06510