Dr. Ligia Giese is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Antioch, CA. Dr. Giese specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Giese can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Giese can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1999
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Ligia E. Giese MD's Practice location
Antioch, CA 94509Get Direction
Dr. Ligia E. Giese MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Ovarian Cancer: Why Do I Need a Hysterectomy?
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. Known to rapidly grow, the cancer can progress from early to advanced stages within a year. Therefore, many a times, the patient reaches the doctor only at the very end.To be diagnosed with ovarian cancer means that you are at a very high...
- How to Prevent Flare-Ups of Genital Warts?
Introduction to Genital WartsGenital Warts or venereal warts are caused by HPV (human papilloma virus). When this virus infects a person, warts start appearing on the genitals. While some warts are asymptotic and people may not even realize that they are having it, some appear on the genital areas...
- 5 Tips on Living with Fibroids
Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that form on the walls of the uterus. Statistics show that more than 70 percent of women will experience fibroids at one point in their lives. Although fibroids don’t show clear signs and symptoms, other women will experience heavy bleeding and severe pain....
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- What Is Vaginitis: Get the Facts
Vaginitis is the inflammation of the vagina, which usually develops from an infection. This infection may be due to bacteria, parasite, or yeast. It can also develop due to chemical or physical irritation in the vaginal area. Vaginitis does not necessarily have to be sexually transmitted, but it can...
- Fetal Exposure to Chemotherapy May Not Affect the Development of the Child
A new study has given reassuring results for mothers who are under chemotherapy treatment for cancer. The study results show that fetal exposure to chemotherapy after the first trimester may not cause health problems or developmental delays in the child. In this study published in the journal...
- Maynard B. Rotermund210 Dover Drive Walnut Creek California 94598
- Dr. Emil Eyvazzadeh MD5401 Norris Canyon Rd San Ramon CA 94583
- Dr. Jeffrey D Traynor M.D.1656 N California Blvd Walnut Creek CA 94596
- Dr. Sharon Yvette De edwards M.D.2240 Gladstone Drive Pittsburg CA 94565
- Dr. Mary C. Klemm DO5601 Deer Valley Rd Antioch CA 94531
- Dr. Renee Simone Hilliard M.D.5201 Norris Canyon Rd San Ramon CA 94583