Dr. Robert Bota is a psychiatrist practicing in Americus, GA. Dr. Bota is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bota diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Bota may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Bota treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Prefrontal-subcortical and limbic circuit mediation of major depressive disorder.
- Differences between smokers and nonsmokers in regional gray matter volumes and densities.
- What we know about ourselves: changing attitudes about treating patients with substance use disorders.
- Stressors and the fine line between normal and psychopathology.
- Therapeutic dilemmas in treatment-resistant bipolar patients.
- The self and Asperger syndrome.
- Acute hypersensitivity syndrome caused by valproic Acid: a review of the literature and a case report.
- Aripiprazole partial agonism at 5-HT2C: a comparison of weight gain associated with aripiprazole adjunctive to antidepressants with high versus low serotonergic activities.
- Transprocessing: neurobiologic mechanisms of change during psychotherapy-a proposal based on a case report.
- Special medical conditions associated with catatonia in the internal medicine setting: hyponatremia-inducing psychosis and subsequent catatonia.
- Negative rumor: contagion of a psychiatric department.
- Schizophrenia traveler type.
- Cognition and closed systems.
- Transprocessing: a proposed neurobiological mechanism of psychotherapeutic processing.
- Balancing Life and Medical School.
Dr. Robert G Bota MD's Practice location
Americus, GA 31709Get Direction
Corona, CA 92879Get Direction
Dr. Robert G Bota MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tourette’s?
Tourette’s syndrome is characterized by vocalization and movements that are involuntary and repetitive. It is a type of tic disorder. The pioneer Dr George Gilles De La Tourette first discovered the condition in 1885 in an eighty-six-year-old French noblewoman. Typically, in childhood, early...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- Is Schizophrenia Fatal?
Schizophrenia by itself is not fatal like cancer or any other life-threatening diseases. However, many cases of death have been accounted for and the usual reason behind it is suicide. Moreover, people who have adopted habits such as smoking, taking prohibited drugs, or unhealthy eating, either due...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- How Common is Binge-Eating Disorder?
Individuals with Binge eating disorder (BED) experience episodes of binge eating or excess eating. They may also skip meals constantly, but they will not purge after binges. Although not always, the condition can eventually cause significant weight gain. Most people with BED try to hide their binge...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...