Dr. Guy Brisseau practices Pediatric Surgery in HALIFAX, NS. Dr. Brisseau treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Brisseaudiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
- Surgical approaches to pediatric defecatory disorders.
- Cystic nephroma: a benign renal tumor of children and adults.
- Congenital pancreatic cysts in children.
- Regulation of cytoplasmic pH in osteoclasts. Contribution of proton pumps and a proton-selective conductance.
- Unilamellar liposomes modulate secretion of tumor necrosis factor by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages.
- In situ ischemia and hypoxia enhance alveolar macrophage tissue factor expression.
- Oxidant stress inhibits pH regulatory mechanisms in murine peritoneal macrophages.
- Protein kinase C activation accelerates proton extrusion by vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPases in murine peritoneal macrophages.
- Chronic extracellular acidosis induces plasmalemmal vacuolar type H+ ATPase activity in osteoclasts.
Dr. Guy Frederick Brisseau MD's Practice location
HALIFAX, NS B3K6RGet Direction
Dr. Guy Frederick Brisseau MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...